Click here to apply for the Every Day Counts! Taskforce Student Representative position! Applications are due by 11:59 pm on Friday, September 15.
The Every Day Counts! Taskforce, a partnership of diverse District of Columbia agencies and stakeholders that collectively advance and coordinate strategies to increase student attendance and reduce truancy, is currently seeking two student representatives for the 2017-2018 school year. Representatives will receive community service hours for both their preparation and participation.
To qualify to be a Every Day Counts! Taskforce Student Representative you must:
- Be a resident of the District of Columbia;
- Be enrolled in the ninth, tenth, eleventh, or twelfth grades at a DCPS or public charter school in the District of Columbia
Student representatives’ basic responsibilities include:
- Attending and participating in bimonthly Taskforce meetings held on Thursday afternoons during the school year and, if possible, attending various programming during the summer;
- Attending and participating in committee meetings as needed;
- Vocally and passionately sharing student and youth perspectives on truancy and absenteeism and related issues;
- Representing peers’ interests, experiences, and needs across the city; and
- Participating in Taskforce-sponsored events and programs.
***Please note, strong attendance is not a requirement for this position. Additionally, if you foresee transportation to be an issue, please do not hesitate to apply. We will work with you to make necessary arrangements to ensure your presence at needed meetings and events.***